Sunday, March 8, 2009

Go With the Flow Merit Badge


Life is crazy! You never know what you're gonna be facing. Sometimes it awesome. Sometimes not so much. This is the Go With the Flow Merit Badge, which I earned because of my great ability, okay, struggling ability to roll with it when things don't go my way. I live in a multi-generational household, and while my grandma and I don't always see eye to eye, we wouldn't have been able to live with each other for so long (almost 10 years since her stroke! Yay Mema!) without both of our abilities to roll with the punches and go with the flow. Awww. I should make her one as well. :D

If you want to earn your own Merit Badge:

Go with the flow, baby! When live hands you lemons, make a bad-ass lemon cake! Write me a comment about what you did to go with the flow, and then go make your badge. (I knew you could do it!!)


As for the tutorial about how to make these, ah, perhaps this is how you will have to go with the flow. I find that I am not one of those people who is gifted at writing tutorials, but I will tell you that I use olive felt (100% post consumer recycled water bottles transformed into crafty fun!) for the background, and green embroidery floss (DMC 700) for the outer whip stitch. The rest I wing. I think that the pictures are very close so that you should be able to see pretty clearly what I've done. I don't keep track (usually) of embroidery floss colors, so I can't tell you what colors I used. I don't use wool felt, it's all acrylic. Ummmm, if I am overwhelmed with requests I will draw out patterns and post them, but at this point I am talking to myself, so I'm not gonna go to the effort... LOL!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment