Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Black Beans, a recipe

Just one last quick post for the day.  I have to share my new favorite food.  I came up with this recipe out of sheer panic when I realized that I was having dinner guests, and didn't think I'd have enough food...  But, ahhh I struck culinary gold!!!  Yummy black beans, which work as a side dish, or even better serve them with chips for fake nacho bean dip goodness.  And black beans and tomatoes are sooo good for you, the tiny bit of cheese won't hurt...  

Emergency Black Beans
1 can (15 oz) black beans
1 can (15 oz) of diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp dark chili powder 
1/2 tsp Lawry's Seasoning Salt
1 tsp granulated onion
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 cup shredded mexican blend cheese

Drain black beans and tomatoes.  Add to frying pan over medium heat.  Stir, smashing beans as you go to kind of thicken up the mixture.  Add spices and keep smooshing.  When the bean/tomato mixture is hot, stir in the cheese, smooshing beans until the cheese is melted in and the whole mixture is a cohesive mass.  Serve hot, preferably with tortilla chips!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment